Your location on Shapr is determined by your phone, depending on where you are when using the app. It is refreshed every time you get your daily batch of profiles to allow you to make matches in your area. We have plans to bring more options for location in future versions of the app.
If you feel your location is not updating correctly, please follow these steps:
- Check that your iPhone's location services are enabled (settings > privacy > location services)
- Check that the Shapr app has access to your location when running
- Go to the Shapr app, go to your profile, tap the "Settings" icon then "Log out".
- Log in again using LinkedIn or your account info
- Check that your Phone's location is enabled in your system tray or device settings
- Check that the Shapr app has access to your location (settings > applications > shapr)
- Go to the Shapr app, open the side menu, tap "Settings" then "Log out".
- Log in again using your email and password
With our Premium version : Shapr Plus, you get the Teleportation.
With Teleportation, you can select the city where you want to appear and get a batch of profiles who are currently there. There’s no limit to Teleport, you can use it every where, all the time ;)
Useful and efficient if you are planning a trip, a move, or even if you’re more into meeting over a video call!
When you teleport, you may still see a few profiles from your previous area - most likely people who swiped you right (just so you still get a chance to match with them).
Shapr Plus is available exclusively on iOS at the moment. We have plans to bring it to Android in early 2018.